Sunday, July 26, 2020

Walking to the water

A little update--fact and fluff.
We saw the radiation oncologist Friday and so far, he's Scott's favorite.  We go Monday for Scott's first tattoo (marking the spot with dots) and he will begin radiation mid week.  We are energized with taking action!  Radiation will pair with the drug therapy that the molecular breakdown tells them to use to attack.  Another biopsy is to come and we will wait for more direction beyond radiation.

We fight daily to stand on what God is saying to us RIGHT NOW.  Because sometimes in the wait, there's too much time for other voices. The enemy waits at my bedside ready to read to me from his long list of lies each morning, and I have to wake up with my sword and armor or anxiety rules and I want to cover my head and evaporate. 

Sometimes I fight the fear that the future and God's blessings are left dependent on my amount of faith.  Like if I get scared or sad, God will withhold.  Then God will faithfully remind me of His Word and stories flash in place of the lies.  I think about the Israelites wandering in the wilderness and up to the Red Sea.  You know not a one of them had imagined some creative way the story would go as they approached! Instead they were moaning and wailing about how God had brought them all that way just to let them die.  God told them stand firm and see the salvation of the Lord work for you today!  He told Moses to tell them to go forward!  They couldn't lay around in the fetal position, wondering if the Lord would act.  They had to walk toward the water!  The object of their impending doom.  Watch the Lord work for you today.  God's action was not dependent on how much the Israelites could predict what God might do.  It was in the unlimited power of their God.  They just had to walk to the water.

And that's where we are.  We are walking toward the water.  We don't know what the plan is.  We don't have clear direction.  My personality would love a road map with colored tabs and clarity.  But if you ask me who is in charge of my life, I say the Lord is.  Not Lauren and her map.  Now it's just putting my money where my mouth is.  If I believe that God is that same God that parted that sea, then I have to close my eyes, take His hand, and approach the water! 

Come to the water with us!  Ask God to part seas!  Ask Him to make Himself known in all the steps!  Your texts, messages, drop by's, shopping, phone calls....it means more than you know.  We recount almost daily, the ways we see God in our midst, and so often it is in the way people are loving us.  Know that it is seen and felt. 

8 comments:

  1. Praying for you guys.
    One day at a time. ❤️ God’s got this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending prayers daily for your beautiful family❤️. God has you in his hands. Anonymous


    ReplyDelete
  3. As I read your words above Lauren, the song "Praise the Father, Praise the Son" came to mind. As I just read the song lyrics I realize they parallel your post. Love in Christ and we're praying, Lori (Your mom's friend from college).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers for guidance and strength as you move forward with the next steps. A beautiful post you have written above. May God's blessings be with you for support and may you have much love from family and friends!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing your faith and reminding all of us that God is our hope. I will keep Scott and your entire family in my prayers. May God bless Scott with Divine healing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 30 Jul - Our Father. We cry out to you again today on Scott and Lauren’s behalf, even for ourselves as we love them. Please heal and deliver in a miraculous way, LORD. Say the word. We want the best case scenario, we ask for it. We plead for it. Hear us, O LORD. Hear our cry! Today, give Scott and Lauren extra grace, calm hearts, and restful minds in the middle of the storm. Wrap them in the warm love of your body. In Jesus Name.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Continued prayers for you and Scott and your family

    ReplyDelete

Dwell

I have gotten my head kicked in the last several weeks.  Do you know those weeks?  Where things are said about you-true or untrue-you don...