Saturday, July 11, 2020

The New Journey

Scott has cancer.  I don't know how else to say it.  It's like a cuss word. I didn't mean to be vague when I posted about the Church being amazing on social media.  God's Church.  But it's also hard to out your stuff.  So my posts going forward will be to update on Scott's prognosis, the treatment, and most important ALL that our God does in and through us through this journey. 

Scott found a lump near the base of his neck sometime in May.  Between appointments for ultrasound and biopsy taking far longer than we'd like, we got a call on July 1st that something is indeed growing...and on July 9th, that it's cancer.  The appointment on the 9th didn't tell us much more than that--but words like rare, aggressive, and concerning were used.  The doctor handed me papers--pathology reports and ultrasound reads, and told me to begin keeping a notebook.  Those words were so heavy to me, I wanted to be sucked out by a large vacuum.  That sounded serious to me. I'm not sure I heard much else, but we know he needs a CT and PET scan.  We didn't want to wait for those things to be scheduled in the coming weeks, so Scott and I leave tomorrow morning for Mayo Clinic.  We have an appointment Monday morning and are so grateful for the ball to be rolling!

Let me make clear that we know that there's still a lot that we don't know!  We don't really know what kind, what treatment, what stage.  But here's what we DO KNOW:  We know that God's people have surrounded us in an insane way!  We have been flooded with encouragement.  My house got a grocery drop off that was huge, even for our family!! We have gift cards being dropped off.  People checking on my kids. WE ARE BLESSED.
We KNOW that Our God is able to do immeasurably more than we ask or imagine and we are standing on His promises.  And when I wasn't sure I could stand--I could feel the notes and texts from 2 dear friends acting as my legs.  Their timely texts, filled with Scripture and songs have held me up.  We KNOW that Scott is loved and held by the Lord and has had some really cool moments with Him just this week.  We know God's Word is living and active and sharper than a double edged sword--and we invite you to get in it.  Chew on it.  Pray with it with us!!




11 comments:

  1. You are amazing and you and your incredible family will be in my heart and on my mind throughout your journey. Mayo Clinic is THE ULTIMATE place for you to be right now— I have close friends who have been down a similar path with miraculous success and am praying for the same outcome for Scott. ❤️��❤️ Regarding real estate— whatever you need, don’t hesitate to call or text. Always here to help.... Sally Moore

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren and Scott, you have the ultimate power on your side. Lean on Him. You and the kids are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our prayers are lifted for Scott, you and your family.
    Psalm 121 1
    I lift up my eyes to the hills-- where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth. indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our prayers are lifted for Scott, you and your family.
    Psalm 121 1
    I lift up my eyes to the hills-- where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth. indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our Prayers are with you and your family. Yes faith and prayers will get you through anything. You are in Gods hands. Let your faith keeping growing. This too shall pass.
    Angie Gonzalez

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love you guys and are here for you in anyway you need starting with praying without ceasing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was diagnosed with cancer almost a year ago this week. Until you are the recipient of those words from a doctor you can not fully understand what the members of this horrific club are going through. Scott hold your family close and never forget that your faith has and will give you the strength to get you through this whatever this outcome may be. I'm putting you on the prayer list at my church and it's thirty thousand members strong. The Mayo Clinic worked miracles in my wife's life thirty years ago. Let's hope they find a few more for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is during trying times that we can truly understand that God is the ultimate source of our strength and comfort. I cannot begin to know what your journey will be in this seaon, however I will be praying for you & with you all in this! Much love to all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Praying now for clear understanding of his type of cancer and a wise treatment plan to fight it. Praying for peace and comfort. Praying for grace and joy. Praying for a miraculous healing!!! Our God is greater!

    ReplyDelete

Dwell

I have gotten my head kicked in the last several weeks.  Do you know those weeks?  Where things are said about you-true or untrue-you don...