Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Crazy Train

I don't have much to say...and for those who know me well, you know that's uncommon.  Thank me later.

Facts: We have an 8:45 oncology appointment tomorrow.  It will likely be without biopsy results and therefore is mostly to be a face to the oncologist here.

Fluff:  We are good but we are human.  My stomach hurts a lot.  I woke up at 5:30 this morning, nervous for no real apparent reason--and by 6 am, my phone was blowing up with Scripture and encouragement.  People are writing out their prayers to us.  Timely, Spirit filled prayers when my words are coming up short.  We probably get teary and emotional most when talking about people who are loving us well and how God is coming near that way.  It's overwhelming.

I will say, I had NO IDEA how much music would mean to me this week.  I don't know that I would think first to send someone a song during a hard time.  This week has changed that!  Close friends, friends from the past, people from other churches are flooding my texts and facebook messages with songs filled with God's Word.  It has literally been life giving.  I wanted to share some of them with you, so that as you fight with us, we can be singing together.  I sang words to Promises outloud on a walking trail today.  I don't care that I looked crazy.  Join me on the crazy train if you'd like!

Promises by Maverick City Music

Near to Me by I Am They

You Won't Let Go by Cory Asbury

Famous For by Tauren Wells

You've Always Been by Unspoken

PEACE by Hillsong Young & Free

The Psalms album by Shane and Shane

Once and For All by Lauren Daigle

Waymaker by Leeland

Surrounded by Upper Room

1 comment:

  1. Rescue by Lauren Daigle is a good one and Way Maker by Mandisa.

    Been reading & praying.
    Jesus, be with the Sterlings. Give them peace that surpasses all understanding, comfort & strength in the midst of this storm. Jesus be their hope and go before them and guide them on this journey. Please give them wisdom and discernment as they learn more about treatment options. God, we believe in your healing touch and we ask for it. We ask that you would envelope them with your unending unconditional love. Give the doctors & nurses and all staff involved wisdom in these next steps. We thank You God that you never leave or forsake us and that you are with the Sterlings every step of the way, in the darkest moments and in the quiet stillness. May you be their portion, their strong tower. Jesus give them rest in your loving arms. In your precious name we pray, Amen.

    “ This does not define me
    I won’t allow it
    I am strong
    Uniquely made
    With a purpose & a plan
    I succeed
    For my King is beside me
    Within me
    And although the battle rages on
    He will never forsake me
    He will be my fortress
    He loves & adores me
    And strengthens me
    This is just another page in the story of my life
    He is the Author, defender
    My story is being written
    And I will trust in Him.”

    ReplyDelete

Dwell

I have gotten my head kicked in the last several weeks.  Do you know those weeks?  Where things are said about you-true or untrue-you don...