Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Thanks for the Sea of Red

Overwhelmed is a word I've said and felt so much today.  Driving to KU Med, knowing I'd be leaving my husband there alone for chemo treatment felt heavy and sad.  But it was matched simultaneously with texts of Scripture and encouragement.  Texts telling me to close my eyes and imagine all of you in red in our yard.  Families telling us they're fighting with us.  Pictures of families and coworkers in red spilled in.  I could have cried in sadness and frustration in one minute as Scott walked in alone and I couldn't go--and with overwhelming love and gratitude in another. 

We felt so loved and covered today.  We felt your prayers like a blanket.  People that haven't met us in cases were wearing red and thinking of us today.  God's people came together with one voice, asking for miracles for Scott. 

We just want to say thank you.  I am asking God for our unified voices to be heard.  I know he doesn't need my brilliant ideas but He tells us to ask, so we are asking.  Heal Scott, God.  Do what only you can do.

Scott feels really good today.  We are realistic and know that could change in the next few days and we are trying to be prepared to be flexible as needed.  But for now, he's okay.  Praying that chemo flowing through him is gobbled up by the cancer and the cancer is beat!  Praying God is glorified by our every step.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dwell

I have gotten my head kicked in the last several weeks.  Do you know those weeks?  Where things are said about you-true or untrue-you don...